Sunday, 27 February 2011

Grief

When you have child that is sick with something like Cancer, you go through all of the stages of grief; Denial, Anger, Barganning, Depression and finally Acceptance.  I read somewhere once that to be angry is easy however to be angry at the right person, for the right reason at the right time, now that is hard.  So please forgive me if I am taking the easy way for I am angry.  I am angry that your kids are healthy and mine is not, I am angry that you get to take your kids anywhere you see fit and I cannot, I am angry that you get to plan your summer vacation and cannot plan whether I can get groceries.  I am angry at the world and I know that is not right and that people truly care and for that I will be eternally grateful.  Grateful and thankful that I have created this circle of such incredible special people in my life, grateful indeed, but it doesn't change the fact that I am angry.  I know that I am not angry at the right person, at the right time for the right reasons and lets face it cancer or no cancer I rarely get that one right, so please forgive me if I am not returning your calls or answering your invite for coffee.  I will come around so please do not give up either, this is the only thing I ask of anyone right now.

much love...

1 comment:

  1. We are all so angry right along with you.....we are here for you to vent your anger and frustration and will scream and cry right beside you. With the grace of what ever higher power is with you may it lead to peace and continued perseverance.

    May this little quote help in this struggle.

    "Look at a stone cutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred-and-first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not the last blow that did it, but all that had gone before. ~Jacob A. Riis "

    Love always,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete