Thursday, 24 February 2011

Here we go again

Well if some or all don't already know, Gracie was diagnosed with Subcuteaneous Pinniculitils like T-Cell Lymphoma on May 18, 2010.  This was the most devestaing day of our lives.  When you get news like this that your child is sick it brings feelings of helplessness and fear and these word feel like an understatement as I don't think words exist to be able to describe the feelings that you have.  Since that day Gracie has undergone countless biopsy's, PET Scans, CT Scans and ECOgrams.  She was given six rounds of CHOP therapy, which is a pretty common chemotherapy protocol.  She weathered all of this like a trooper with very little side effects, the major one being her loss of hair.  To make a long story short we finished these on December 28, 2010 with really good results.  We thought our road was finished; not to be, on February 2, 2011 she had one more PET scan only to have this reveal something in her cheek (Gracie's original Lymphoma concentrated on her pelvic and upper thigh region).  We did a biopsy on February 18, 2011 and this came back positive for the same Lymphoma.

I have created this blog of a way to keep those people who want to know informed about her progress.  I know that we have the best friends and family out there who care immensly, it is just easier for us not to have to tell the same story over and over.  I will look forward to any comments or questions on here so please feel free.  We would also like to thank you all for your strength and courage as sometimes I feel like I have none, I only wish I could be as strong as Gracie for she truly is my hero.

Where do we go from here?  We are not exactly sure but do know that we are in for a bone marrow biopsy on Monday (we did this for the first round and all came back good, so we are hoping for the same outcome) then starting rounds of chemo on Thursday.  We will be progressing to transplant therapy where we will have to harvest stem cells and the like, so I am anticipating this chemo not to be as easy as the first, but I promise to keep this blog updated.

Love to you all.

Christa & Gary

4 comments:

  1. Christa and Gary - my heart is very heavy for you with this news......I don't have words actually. How does one support you all through this being so far away.....we are thinking positive thoughts and good energy.

    We all love you are thinking of you everyday. Go Gracie!!! Continue to amaze us all with your strength.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear this news. Sorry that your beautiful little girl has to keep on fighting this battle. Charlotte did the stem cell transplants too, you will get through them. (start getting her to eat as much as possible right now!) We will be praying for you guys. Love Allison

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending tons of peace and strength...we luv you guys...Nolda and Ozzy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you always.
    Lots of Love
    Sharon & Family

    "The natural force within each of you is the greatest healer of all."

    ReplyDelete