As I prepare to gather with Grant Skalk's friends and family to celebrate this young man's life, I looked outside to see the most spectacular sunrise. It makes me believe that we are never truly gone we live on in the simple things like sunrises and the giggle of children. I know one thing, I will never forget this young man; this is not because we shared a similar journey and that his passing is so tragic, I will never forget him because of the path he chose to take in his journey. He faced his illness with humour, dignity and grace. He is the kind of person I would want my son to be if I had one. This is a young man who in Grade 3 was scared and nervous on his first day but found the gentleness to offer the Classroom Mom his seat. If Gracie has even one of his great qualities I will feel blessed. Most people would say that this would be a testimony to his parents, and I know that his parents are incredible people but parenting is just a small part of who we choose to become and he chose amazing. I am a better person because I knew him. Thank you for giving a part of yourself to us.
Gracie's Oma and Opa are coming for a visit this weekend and she has been talking non-stop about it, so this is something that makes me happy. She will finally get to see her cousins on Monday night for our niece's birthday, this too will make her incredibly happy, so therefore I am happy too.
Gracie's PET scan is fast approaching and this is always a sense of anxiety for us parents. It makes us a little crazy to be honest, but I just continue to breathe and put it out of my head. Thank God for yoga. One mother put it best we take a hold of the gun load the one bullet and spin the barrel and wait to see if our lives will be put back onto the roller coaster yet again. I always try to remember that life is full of twists and turns and where we land we will never know, for a planner like me this is a hard way to live, but I am learning from some good friends to take life day by day....
Enjoy this beautiful day as best you can....
Love the Sterks.
No comments:
Post a Comment