Anybody who knows me well knows that I am a movie freak. I can watch 4 movies back to back without blinking an eye, well at least I used to. So when we talk about momentous occasions in our children's lives people think first words, first steps, first teeth. Well forget that, our momentous occasion came in the form of popcorn, The Lion King and a toddler who actually, yes actually laid down and watched this! Some of you are probably thinking, she has never watched a movie? Yes she has numerous times, but this, in my mind, was an actual movie, no it was not a Johnny Depp masterpiece or anything but it was a movie that did not involve the Backyardigans, Curious George or Dora. It actually had a plot that did not involve a magic backpack. Now be it that we had to fast forward through the scary parts, which involved any scene where the colours were a little muted so our 90 minute movie turned out to be about 45 minutes, but hey beggars can't be choosers. I was able to actually lay down on a couch (yes lay down) and I did not get any toddler feet kicking me in the head, or demands of milk every five minutes nor was I even asked to dance. This people was a momentous occasion. I know that I do not want her to grow up to fast, but if she could replace Dora with Meryl Streep, the Backyardigans with the Ocean's Eleven Crew and Curious George with Al Pacino or Matt Damon, we would be in business and then I don't care if she ever hits any other milestone, my life would be complete, a forever interested movie watching companion, yes yes life would be good.
It is PET Scan time again, albeit two months late thanks to the Anaesthesia team up at children's being "too busy" to go to Foothills to allow her to have her scan, and our oncology team fighting hard for her, only to have to go to the head of the food chain once again in order to get it done. Don't even get me started to what that does to a Cancer Mom's psyche. So we are set for March 8 (Thursday) at 1 p.m. I hope in my heart of hearts nothing goes wrong to mess this up, as it so often can. She has been sleeping more than usual this past week and that leads them to believe that she has been fighting a (mild) virus we did a chest xray in order to rule out anything pneumonia like (refer to the last time she got put under anaesthetic and we ended up in ICU with pneumonia) all came back clean. However it kiaboshed our plans for the weekend and we ended up not doing a whole hell of alot.
Once again we sit on egg shells waiting for Thursday and not wanting to really think about it at all. I don't know how to stress how hard scan times are on Cancer families. Like I said in one of my other posts, you load the barrel of the gun and spin it one more time and hope to God it does not fire.
I hope all is well in everyone's world and wish everyone well. Will update once we receive the results, or if Gracie happens to sit through "The Help" in which I will be over the moon.
Love The Sterks
No comments:
Post a Comment