Wednesday, 16 March 2011

Wednesday update

So after a few days of blocked lines, many antibiotics, one really bad night in the hospital (Monday night, Gary stayed on Tuesday night to give me a much needed sleep break at home) and numerous blood checks it looks like we are good to go for Gracie’s Apheresis tomorrow.  Her CD34’s, which is a protein molecule they track to see if she would be ready for her harvest, are in the triple digits which is great as they would have been happy with double digits.  This could mean that her time hooked up to the machine is shorter, however listening to the previous advice of letting go of all time parameters, I will just hope it will be done in one day.  We will be allowed to go home on Friday barring any other setbacks, which we can foresee none.  Then back in on Thursday for second round of chemo.
I would like to thank everyone for all of their offers of help and I know that people want to do something to help, however there is nothing to do at this point.  Gary, Gracie and I (two G’s and a C) are just going to do some hunkering down as a team and get through.  Just remember we too feel helpless.  Sometimes I ask myself “what have I done so wrong in my life to deserve this? (because Gracie didn’t have time to do anything wrong so it must be me)  Then I get everyone’s heartfelt messages, thoughts and prayers and then I think “what did I do right in my life to deserve this many wonderful people in our lives that love us?”  The circle of people that are embracing us is unbelievable and although I can’t possibly respond to everybody right now, I just want people to know how much I appreciate every one's efforts to make this journey better for us.  Thank you, thank you…

No comments:

Post a Comment