Monday, 14 March 2011

Yucky Monday

It is most of the time, but especially days like today I really really miss my Mom.  Gracie and I got up this morning and went to clinic for our regular bloodwork, we returned home at about noon only to be called by the clinic advising us that we had to return asap as Gracie needed blood, her hemoglobin was tanking.  So had to wake her up from her 10 minute nap and drive back to clinic where she proceeded to have a blood transfusion, which takes about 3 1/2 hours.  2 hours into it her tempature hit 38.4 so we were admitted.  We most likely won't be released until Friday now as blood cultures take 48 hours to come back which would put us at Wednesday and Wednesday we are being admitted to do her Apheresis(stem cell harvest) on Thursday, this is if we aren't sidelined with infection.  We are again on isolation so again no more than two visitors per admission which would be Gary and I. 

When we first began this journey I was given a great piece of advice from Rob Amsing who said if I "let go of all expectations of time things would go alot smoother", so I need to hear that again as here we are again cancelling everything that we had this week, this is why I am making very few if any plans with people these days as it is as stressful to cancel things as it is to be in here.

My new mantra:

May my family be free from fear and harm;
May we be content with what we have; and
May we be at peace with what comes...

(thanks Laura)

I will keep you posted.

Love to all...



4 comments:

  1. Gracie, Christa and Gary...you guys are in my thoughts every moment...hang in there. Christa call me - any time you need it, I'm here...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey family....we are thinking of you. We too are now headed down the long trek that is cancer. My husband was diagnosed with Squamous Cell Carcenoma yesterday and although this is a significant hill to climb for us, it is nothing compared to what you all are facing. To be powerless to help a loved one is not a journey anyone should have to take.

    Thinking of your all and missing your mom and mine as well. I too have a blog that will now chronicle our journey - not what it started out as but my how things change......

    www.thehalseyherald.blogspot.com - just in case you need a diversion.

    Linda and Will

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda,

    I am so so sorry, I have so gotten strength from your messages. The only thing I do know for sure is that cancer is not the ugly word it used to be and so so much can be done now, it is not a great ride to be on, but I keep looking for the message in all this.

    Please send me the link to your blog so that I can follow along with you.

    Much love, thoughts and prayers..

    Christa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new mantra Christa - we are following both your journeys, wishing we could do so much more, wishing the journeys didn't have to happen. But we are sending every positive thought & prayer we can muster. Terri & Randy

    ReplyDelete