Well we have been allowed to be fairly normal this week as Gracie's levels were well over 16,000, which in laymans terms means she has a stronger immune system than most average people. This of course is all due to a drug which we inject nightly called GCSF. I suspect that she is tanking today, being Sunday and that we will require another blood transfusion of plateletts tomorrow as I can see she is brusing quite easily and her lips aren't quite as pink as they should be. This is how it went her last round of chemo though, so I am not too concerned. We will go back into clinic tomorrow am for blood counts.
We met with her radiologist on Thursday, pretty good for the most part. I kept laughing though as my cousin Chris (who happens to be a ER doc) gave me some great advice last week, some of which was "be prepared as people who go into radiology do so because they don't like people". He was a really nice guy, but fairly odd. If you can take humour out of a crappy situation then you can appreciate that I had a hard time not laughing as I could hear Chris' voice as if she were sitting beside me. So we should be good to go starting May 4.
Other than that is has been a great weekend with a TON of snow yesterday, but that turining today into one of those steller snowy spring day in Calgary. Which if you haven't experienced it, the city is beautiful with the trees hanging heavy with snow and everything being white, this along with a bluebird sky, the sun shining hot makes for things in fairy tales. I love days like these, I just wish Winnie and Kurt were here so we could spend the day building one of their great snow forts. We will setlle for playing on the slides into snow banks and sled riding.
All the best to everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment