Well Gracie's lines are out. Yes that is right, they are out. Now usually this is a big cause for celebration, however in her case, although I am celebrating those nasty little things being out, they have been removed as they completely failed. By the time they pulled them there was only a 1/2 inch still left inside, which would be why they weren't working. However I am treating this as a small celebration of a life being able to be led as close to normal as possible over the next 6 weeks. This means that we can actually go in the lake on our holiday, yes for all you other cancer fighters out there, yes we get to actually go in a lake!! Gracie can actually have a bath, go to a pool and all of that fun stuff that normal people do. So I say YEAH!! We just have to hope she does not need any further IV medications as this will now mean inserting an IV.
Other than that Gracie is returning to her normal hilarious self. Gary went golfing yesterday afternoon so her and I went for Sushi, she was so excited she was running around the restaurant (we used to go to this place alot, so she knows it well) while we were waiting for our take out stopping every once in a while to ask me Sushi??? Yes she is an anomaly.
So life continues to be busy and lots and lots of clinic time, but hopefully this too will taper off. She is still on a plethora of oral medications, but she is even taking these in stride, she hates it, but you eventually are able to convince her, so no more fighting...this is a yeah too!!
Hoe all is well with everyone,
Love
The Sterks
Yaaay- so glad that she is feeling good and coming around- tell her that Grant couldn't play with the toys yesterday either- still being cleaned ;( hope next time we see her she is not the happiest about saying BYE!
ReplyDeleteMy heart aches for all the stuff you Gary and Gracie have been thru. I check in everyday to see the small and grand strides she is taking and am with you every milestone and set back. I couldn't have been happier when i read you will get to do some normal things we all take for granted...taking a bath etc. So happy for Gracie to have the tubes out. Good thoughts, big hugs and smoochy kisses all sent your way.
ReplyDeleteThinkin of you guys, give Gracie a hug from us. Enjoy those lines being out, such a bitter-sweet thing I know.
ReplyDeleteSummer's End. When I lived in Calgary, one day drew a serious line. You absolutely never wore white after Labor Day. Hope each one of you having a good fine, well-deserved vacation. Love to all. Shirl.
ReplyDelete