I am writing this on the fly, because based on everyone's calls, texts and emails everyone is concerned. We did get the results we wanted. They believe that the lymph nodes are "lit up" because of something viral. We have not gotten the official report as they have sent them for further testing just to be sure, but Dr. Ron looked at them with the pathologist and he said that they do not look like T-cell lymphoma cells. It is all very complicated so I will spare you all the details, but basically they do not look cancerous. We will get everything for sure next Wednesday.
It has been a trying couple of weeks for us and we have been on pins and needles as this took longer to come back than most of our other results, for reasons I understand but will not elaborate on. So we feel like we can plan our lives a bit, but we are doing this with some trepidation as it feels maybe too good to be true. I know that in the past I have been accused by some of being negative and having a bad attitude towards these good results, but before you judge our reactions I do ask that you walk just a week or maybe a month in our shoes first.
So in a nutshell "HAPPY SPRING", I must go in order to start planning! I am making lists (Jen I know you would be so proud) and checkin them twice as we start to truly be able to plan to enjoy our summer coming up. We have our dental surgery next Thursday and hopefully I do not need to see another anaesthesiologist for a long, long time.
Take care and love to all.
The Sterks.
Well that is just wonderful news! I cant imagine walking in your family shoes for just one day.....Christa you just have been the most wonderful of many moms struggling with cancer. My heart and strength go out to you and your family....and little gracie. Those pictures were just a delight....look at that hair lol So great!!! YES welcome spring and summer.....one day at a time :))) xo love hols
ReplyDeleteChrista, Gary, Gracie,
ReplyDeleteThis is wonderful news. We are so happy for all of you. We continue to send good thoughts and well wishes your way. Happy planning. Love the pics.
Keep on hanging on.....I know you are. We are all pulling for all of you everyday.
ReplyDeleteHugs to everyone,
Linda and William
Well that IS good news and you are totally allowed to be apprehensive to the results...you are living this roller coaster of a life and you know better than anyone when you get your hopes up the roller coaster will come to a screaming hault. So enjoy spring, think of all the wonerful life it brings....we think of you guys often and hope and pray your turn on this ride will soon come to an end...
ReplyDeletexoxox Hope the Easter Bunny finds you and Gracie..