Well after a really long day starting the first day of Gracie's chemo in clinic, yesterday we were finally given a room at around 6 p.m. Our night went well enough, Gracie did really well, her nausea was limited to one bought and this morning, well she is back to having us all wonder how she could possibly be sick.
We will be here until Sunday, barring any complications. Gary will come up tonight and stay with her. Since we have begun taking turns things are so much better for him and I. Anybody who has spent any kind of time in a hospital will tell you that they are not "restful" places.
I saw this quote in one of the resource manuals provided to us by the hospital and it is a quote that hangs in Massacheusetts General Clinic and it is a Parents response, I thought is was most appropriate in describing how Gary and I, and most all parents of critically ill children are feeling most of the time.
"How do I feel? Don't ask!...aside from nervousness, irritability, exhaustion, faintness, dizziness, tremours, cold sweats, depression, insomnia, muscle pains, mental confusion, internal trembling, numbness, indecisveness, crying spells, unsocial, asocial, and anti-social behaviour....I feel fine....thank you.'
The blessing for children as young as Gracie is that hopefully all this will be a very distanct memory. That is my wish for her, you and Gary. Hang in there chickie! I am thinking of you and although not going what you are I do indeed feel your pain - and love the saying you posted.
ReplyDeleteXOXO
L