Tuesday, 19 April 2011

Another setback

Well the results of the PET scan are in and we do not have what we wanted in order to proceed to radiation.  They need almost a complete response before they go ahead with radation as it is most effective that way and because it is such a harsh treatment they don't want to have to do this more than once.  We have improvement but not the response everyone was hoping for.  So we will be proceeding to two more rounds of DHAP chemotherapy starting Thursday and being in hospital until Sunday.  Happy 2nd b-day Gracie :(.

Keep your fingers crossed that we will get the results we are so deperately wanting.  We will now be looking forward to mid-end June before we will know.

Take care all and we will keep you posted.

Love The Sterks.

1 comment:

  1. Christa - I am so sorry to hear this! I just read this now. I am devistated that you, Gary and Gracie have to spend her birthday weekend in the hospital and she has to have more chemo.

    My fingers are crossed, my prayers and thoughts are with you.

    Love.

    Lori

    ReplyDelete