Wednesday, 11 May 2011

Here we go again

So our time at home was short lived.  We are back in tomorrow morning for our 12th round of chemo and hopefully with any luck we will be home Sunday night.  I sometimes wonder when will it end, but then I check myself and remember that thinking too far ahead has some dire consequences.  I just hope that after this round she does not get as sick as she did last time, this is my future hope for today.  That way we will not have to spend the whole three weeks in hospital.  My second hope is that these last two rounds of chemo has done what it is supposed to and her PET scan shows as much recovery as we need to get to radiation (aka transplant therapy).  If we get there then maybe we can look further ahead.

I think back to the last few years of my life when my only problems were will my business succeed?  How much more weight do I need to lose in order to get to pre prego weight?  My hope for all of you is that your problems stay small and your dreams stay big and that you wake up every morning and no matter what you are facing, that you choose to be happy.

We can't thank you all enough for being on this journey with us.  I know some of you feel like you aren't doing enough, but you are by talking to me when I need to vent, for being there for us when we ask even if the timing is not convenient, and for continuing to read this blog, you are in it with us and we can't express our gratitude enough.  We would be lost without you.

Love The Sterks.

No comments:

Post a Comment