So the good is that Gracie has rallied in the right direction. The fluid around her lungs is decreasing, her respiratory rate and oxygen continues to improve although she is still on suport. The bad is that she has to get a pick line in and the ugly well she looks like Hannibal Lector with her mask on.
They are now pretty much convinced that this is some sort of infection that is causing the pnenomia, however they do not know what kind. Which is bothering them, however we have decided not to do a tap on her lungs as the risk with anesthetic is too great,so we may never know what this is or what caused it. It is looking like we will be on ICU until at least Saturday maybe Sunday at which time we will be moved over to ward 1. Our home away from home.
The other good news, which is great news, is that her bone marrow came back completely clean, no lymphoma, no hemophagcytosis. So although I can honestly admit that after 17 months of treatment I have never been as scared as I was on Wednesday, we feel much calmer today as we k ow she is heading the right way. I am not sure how long we will be here, but am thankful to be in good hands.
So we are hoping to get to remove her mask tonight or tomorrow which is our next goal, us that way we be able to let her eat something finally.
Will keep this blog as up to date as I can.
Take care
The Sterks
No comments:
Post a Comment