Gracie was transferred to ICU around 6 pm last night as she could not maintain her oxygen levels on her own. They have confirmed that she does have a lung infection in her left lung i.e. pneumonia, and fluid in both with fluid surrounding as well. They don't know what kind of infection as of now and unfortunately she is too unstable to have any kind of anesthetic so we will have to wait to find out. In the meantime they have thrown the gammet of antibiotics at her and she will continue to be hooked up to the ventilator in ICU. We hopefully will find out more today.
This was so unexpected that I am not sure if that is why I am so scared or if it is watching your child under a maze of wires and tubes or the fact that she is first priority on the ICU right now but this is the most frightened we have been ever. There are alot of plausables and maybes floating around so it is hard to read. I do know that we can expect to be on ICU for a few days at least and then move back "home" to Ward 1. There are no visitors allowed in ICU nor are we permitted to use our phones so I will limit most of my communication to here for now.
Take care,
The Sterks
XOXOXO
ReplyDeleteDay by Day.....