Gracie is down to only 1/2 liter oxygen support as of this afternoon and her spirits have picked up quite a bit. She was making Nurse Carol dance with Winnie the Pooh and everytime Carol would stop she would yell "Dance"! It was amusing to say the least. When we look back at the last week we are ever so grateful that this scenario played out the way it did. Gracie has a Guardian Angel out there, I don't even know if I believe in Guardian Angels, but I am a few steps closer know. If that bone marrow scan was not scheduled when it was and we would not have put her under anesthetic for it, which if I didn't mention before, is what tipped her little body over the edge, she would have eventually presented at home and what that would have been I shudder to think. Also with immune suppressed people's it gets really hard to turn them around when they get too sick, so like I said dodged a bullet, big ass bullet. So I am not sure who these Angels are, most likely my Mom with some Aunt Colleen and possibly a sprinkle of Grant, but I am so thankful for them, for our medical team (no matter how frustrating navigating that can become sometimes) and for technology.
Still not sure when we get to go home, there is talk of a week from Wednesday as well as some discussion about earlier with home care support. We will see no definate answers as of yet.
Well the monitors have finally stopped beeping for the fourth time tonight so I will sleep while I can.
Love to all...
The Sterks
So very glad to hear that Gracie is continually improving, and that she is up making everyone laugh. You go Girl!
ReplyDelete