Wednesday, 12 September 2012

Scan day

Well here we are at scan day yet again....it is always with such trepidation I anticipate these days and the days that follow as we wait for results. It is a double whamy though with the one year anniversary of Grant's passing and our friend Ty's passing both this week; these events have a way of pulling you right back into hell.

We have had a great summer, we have been camping almost every weekend at a seasonal spot quite close to home. It doesn't hurt us at all that one of the other seasonal campers next to us is a Emergency Room Nurse, brings much comfort. Gracie absolutely loves this, and if you ask her if she wants to go to the trailer, she will drop anything she is doing, including eating chocolate, and run to the car. She started Preschool last Thursday and is so excited about it, it is a proud Mommy moment for sure. The only thing she was disappointed about was that she didn't get to go by herself and that she didn't get to ride the yellow bus.

One of our biggest concerns about Gracie was her social skills.  Being so withdrawn from people for so long, we thought she may be quite clingy and shy, well it is with positive affirmation I say this id definitely not the case.  She makes sure she knows everyone's name and talks to them like a tiny adult.  She approaches other children with kindness and sparkle, she was definitely a leader in her preschool class on that first day.  Don't get me wrong, perfect she is not (is anybody?) she still has the three year old attitude with all the crap that goes with it, but she definitely is not shy and she has a gentle soul. 

This day will be long as she cannot eat or drink anything and her scan is not until 3.  But I can't help but feeling it so pales in comparison to what other people have had to endure, or are enduring as I write this, my thoughts will always be with you.

Will post the results as soon as we know. 

Love The Sterks


1 comment:

  1. Hey you guys - LOVE the pics of Gracie out living life as you all should and have needed to be. Hopefully the scan went smoothly yesterday and the excruciating waiting will be short.

    Christa - I was awestruck when I looked at your angel in that pretty yellow sundress that it was your mom looking right back at the camera...how I miss her and my mom so much sometimes but am sure they are both watching over Gracie.

    Every once in a while I will see the Kelly family resemblence in my kids and it always catches me off guard.

    So glad to read that Gracie is making up for lost time and is becoming the compassionate child that we all knew she would be. Learned that from her mom I am sure....and not to worry she is three - there is 13 yet to come - ha!

    Love to all of you and we all do check in now and then to see how everyone is doing.


    Linda and William

    ReplyDelete