We got to get rid of one of the antibiotics!! Yeah! Oh the things you get grateful for....
Gracie's counts continue to stay low and she will need her third platelette transfusion today...but I have been told that this is all par for the course, so we will go with that. The time is really going slow up here as Gracie sleeps so much, that there is alot of sitting reading, blogging and watching really bad daytime TV. I would much rather be doing 80 laps in a plastic race car around the Nurses station, but I keep telling myself that sleep is good, it is the bodies way of reviving itself.
Not much else new to report other than she has started eating however the mucocytosis makes her throat sore and so it is hard for her to swallow, but she is trying, that in itself is big. And go figure sticking to her "weirdest palatte for a 2 year old" she is hooked on Cliff Bars, hey what ever she wants.
Hope all of you in Cowtown are enjoying the Stampede. They do their best up here and really do put on some great things, one being they bring the parade up here, it is awesome really. But I am still waiting for the corn dog cart? Mini doughnuts? Fried Mac n' cheese? Dear Dieticians those foods have some health benefits no??? Mr. Corn Dog where are you? Oh well will have to miss out this year.
Happy Stampede...love to all.
The Sterks
Go Gracie GO!!!! so amazing those baby steps- but it is true how thankful we are for the smallest of things- I just want the mini donuts and root beer...
ReplyDelete