Saturday, 16 July 2011

Day 9

Well thanks to our little friend GCSF (an injection given to boost immune systems) Gracie's counts are WBC 4.1 and ANC 1700!  Once she hits 2000 for her ANC and stays there for 3 days they can quit the GCSF (thank god we live in Canada and have benefits as it is around 900$ for 5 doses).  Then we will hopefully see her counts stay high.  She is still fairly grumpy and tired and still on quite a bit of Morphine, but hopefully we will see all of this get better over the next few days.

She truly amazes me though she does not feel well she is still cooperative.  I would be using some expletives at this point if that many people wanted to poke and prod me.  I truly have nothing but respect for her.  She really is my hero.

Anyway as always I am getting excited about having a life and keep trying to convince Gary into making plans, but alas he is the smart one and refuses to make any.  I am not easily thwarted though and will keep trying until I annoy him into agreement.

Have a great day.

Love The Sterks

2 comments:

  1. What fantastic news....way to go Gracie....we are all thinking of you everyday....i check in everyday to find out how you are doing....your mom keeps us well informed of your great progress. We are all so proud of how brave and stong you are....keep up the good work....love and kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are all fighting this battle in unison....an indomitable force - strength in numbers.

    While I have always LOVED the name Grace - perhaps it is fitting that she has this name - it suits her quiet strength and grace - may we all be as graceful as she is and will grow up to be.

    Once the holding pattern has been broken - you can all make wonderful plans to get on with life and living. Soon it will all be a big blip behind you. I know it doesn't feel like it right now but it will.

    Hang in there - we are all out here pulling for you.

    Linda and William

    ReplyDelete