Saturday, 1 October 2011

Scan Over and a Good Day

So it is with happiness in my heart and soul that I let everyone know that we got a complete response ("CR") on Gracie's scans.  Dr. Ron happened to be on call this weekend and checked and the results came back fast!  So he called barely able to contain himself.  What this means is that, according to the Doctor interpreting the results said "that her scan looks like that of a child who had never been sick".  This is shocking to all as we never had a CR going into transplant so they were skeptical to say the least.  I can honestly say that the weight of the world has literally been lifted.  All of this being said she will continue on her Cyclosporine so the immunity issues will still be present until January where we will do another scan.

Thank you to all for being on this journey with us.  I will continue to update this blog, however probably with less regularity as our lives go back to a kind of "new normal" once again.

Love to all, it is a great day, this October 1, 2011....

The Sterks

2 comments:

  1. YAY!!!!!! Hugs to you guys and especially your beautiful little girl... Orange, I am sure is doing his happy dance- Day by Day.....

    ReplyDelete