Sunday, 26 June 2011

Another good day


So Miss Gracie is doing so well, she has tons of energy and is sleeping well and of course eating like, well herself, which is constantly.  Her ANC (immunity level) and her WBC are still low but climbing slowly so that is a good sign.

I was able to go out to a friends birthday party last night and it was great to be out.  Although it gets a bit awkward at times as I really don't have anything else going on in my life so it makes small talk difficult.  It is times like those that show me how much cancer touches everything in your life.   So if any of the people I ran into last night read this blog, I didn't mean to appear distant, it just can be difficult sometimes.  But thanks for the laughs, especially you Kira, I haven't laughed out loud like that in a while, much needed.

We have also met some new friends who are across the hall from us.  He is a teenage boy who is so strong and brave he is an inspiration to us all.   It is so nice to be able to share with people who are living the same nightmare, especially for me being someone who loves to laugh, when those people have great attitudes and wonderful senses of humour.  His Mom carries herself with so much confidence and grace, although our secret club knows that the ugly cry is always lurking underneath. I am stealing this from her blog, so I hope she won't mind, but it is really nice to meet these people although you always wish you never had

I have added some more pics of Gracie in the bath last night.  Gary was clearly having fun with doing "the hair"!!  Thanks Daddy!  Although she will probably kill me later in her life for making these public!

Take care

Love The Sterks





No comments:

Post a Comment